When I think of the 70s I think of the iconic women like Bridget Bardot and Bianca Jagger. I envision bold prints, long flowy high waisted skirts, big teased tousled hair, and my favorite recoccurring look —- the wide leg high waisted pant! The high waisted paint is sexy and sleek with platform heels or booties. To really emulate the 70’s you can pair the jeans with a “working girl” top (top with a loose bowtie) a big cocktail ring, soft dewy-skin makeup, & big tousled hair and you’re good to go!
The printed jeans is also a really big trend that is coming back and has been refined and elevated in design from many different labels ranging from Current/Elliott to McQ-Alexander McQueen. I feel when wearing printed jeans you can keep your top basic, wear high heeled booties, and accessories to really differentiate your style! Whether you’re gouging up your look with stacked bangles and cocktail rings or you choose to wear a strong statement piece around you neck, accessories really help to develop your own story through your personalized look.
Below I have compiled a group of different jean looks ranging from the flared jean to printed jeans. They all range in price and style.
From Left to Right:
1. Victor & Rolf Wide Leg Denim – $595 (Shopbop.com)
2. Marc by Marc Jacobs Standard Denim Supply – $228 (Shopbop.com)
3. DL1961 Molly Wide Leg Jeans – $117.60 (Shopbop.com)
4. Citizens of Humanity Angie Super Flare Jeans – $68.70 (Shopbop.com)
5. ASOS Super Sexy Flare Jeans – $45.45 (Asos.com)
6. ASOS Soft Green High Waist Flare – $63.63 (Asos.com)
7. 1969 Lightweight High Rise Jean – $69.95 (Gap.com)
8. Current/Elliott The Stilletto Plaid Jean – $188 (Shopbop.com)
9. Citizens of Humanity Mandy Flared Jeans – $189 (Shopbop.com)
10. ASOS Skinny Jeans in Alphabet Print – $72.72 (Asos.com)
11. McQ-Alexander McQueen Graffiti Print Ankle Jean – $415 (Shopbop.com)
12. River Island Skinny Jeans in Aztec Print – $72.72 (Asos.com)